Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Finding a Voice

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/24/technology/silicon-valley-worries-about-addiction-to-devices.html?pagewanted=all
 vs. 
 I can't decide on what argument I agree with more. 


Is it right to boycott a company because of its public beliefs?
vs 
vs
 
Not just focusing on Chick Fil La, but remember the Oreo scandal a month ago? That was the other side, both sides of  the issue showed rebellion to each other. The actions of supporters and opponents of gay marriage are starting to develop a thin line in difference. Is it really necessarily?


Ah, Health Care. Universal Health Care
vs


1 comment:

  1. Ben, I am delighted by the way you've suggested your topics. You've included the pro and the con side of the argument. Maybe you secretly believe one side or the other. Maybe you are thinking and deliberating before making a choice. I hope it's the later. I hope you're thinking and deliberating before deciding what you think. This is great. I wish we all took the time to do that more. I love when students act like really good citizens. Ok..enough praise, on to my suggestions.

    First, you don't have to pick a side. You don't have to choose one side of the polemic over the other. Maybe there are good things on both sides, especially with your first and third options. I am going to encourage you to keep reading, keep researching, and keep writing. Also, what topic do you feel most qualified to talk about? What topic do you think most interests Clemson students?

    With more research and thought, maybe you will pick one side over the other. Or maybe you'll find a new way of looking at the disagreement.

    ReplyDelete